We're always on the lookout for people who love making things. We are currently looking for:
Looking for a friendly and outgoing individual to work on the office side of our bustling specialty print shop. Role would focus on communicating directly with clients and initial job planning. Work environment is very casual with a fast paced schedule; lots of opportunities for growth.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- answering client inquiries via email and telephone
- educate clients about specialty print processes
- translate client inquiries into estimate-able job specifications
- work with studio staff to create well documented job files
- work with production staff to create a suitable production plan
- attend industry events to represent the studio as needed
- ability and desire to learn
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- follow-through and consistency
- a good attitude
- must be self-motivated
- attention to detail and focus on quality
- some computer skills are required. Programs utilized on the regular: Google Mail, Word, Acrobat and Adobe Illustrator
- knowledge of some print production
- previous client/customer service experience in some capacity
- an interest in printing/the arts is preferred
- a background in design, paper, printing or production
- advanced computer skills, especially in Adobe Creative Cloud, are a plus
- TBD, hoping for ASAP
- this is a full-time (40hr/wk) position
- work hours are 9:30am to 6pm, M-F
- Studio Manager
- We currently have a client services guru, this is an additional position to keep up with the increasing number of inquiries we are receiving. Some on the job training is a given, but a background in printing or production will be of a huge advantage to you. Folks with experience in specialty print shops are encouraged to apply.
- Also, please know that this is not a design position. While a background in design is helpful, and there is a creative element to this position, this role isn't likely to lead to a designer role within the studio.
Please, no calls or drop-ins. Email email@example.com directly with resume and contact information.
Suitable applicants will be notified via email to schedule an interview.
Don't see what you're looking for?
We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to review and keep on file.
PS: Every summer we get a lot of requests for internships. Unfortunately, due to the amount of training needed before you are able to work independently, we do not currently offer internships (in the press room or in the office).
PPS: We didn't make that .gif. If you know who did, we'd be happy to credit them. If you did and don't like how we used them, let us know and we'll take 'em down.