General Policies FAQs
When are you open? Can I stop by?
Business hours are 9:30 – 5:30 Mon – Fri, Central Standard Time
Dock hours are 9:30 – 5:00 Mon – Fri, Central Standard Time
Studio visits, tours and consultations are by appointment only.
What is your turn around time?
We no longer have a standard turnaround time (due to the varied quantity and complexity of projects) but generally our turnaround time for print production is 20 business days. Turn time begins when you sign off on our digitally supplied PDF proof AND pay a 50% deposit on your project. TURN TIME DOES NOT BEGIN when you send us files. We do turn around PDF proofs quickly, generally two to four business days. Please note that as quantities increase and processes are added it may not be possible to complete your project in 20 days. Additionally the 20 days DOES NOT include shipping time (see shipping questions below).
If you need a firm delivery date that is less than 20 business days please communicate with us directly when you are planning your project. It is not always possible to rush projects: our production schedule and ability to rush order materials may make a quick-turn impossible. Talk to us before counting on being able to plan for a rushed timeline. Rush fees may apply (and will be provided should they be required).
A 50% deposit is due to begin a project. Payment is due upon completion of the work in our studio, before time of shipment. Shipping and taxes are not included in estimates. Payment via check is preferred. Payment may be made with check, credit card or through Paypal. Estimates are good for 30 days.
As a general rule we do not issue NET 30 payment terms. If you complete a couple projects with us and would like terms, please ask for a credit application. Finance charges (18% APR) will be assessed on all invoices 30 days past due. A $30 fee will be added to any bank returned checks.
Can I get wholesale pricing?
Our pricing for Print-Only work is wholesale – based on working with professional members of the design or printing trade. This means you understand the printing process and require a minimum amount of administrative time. Additional design service fees and production consultation costs apply to projects that require extra time.
Can you provide shipping costs?
Shipping costs are additional and determined by box size, final weight, choice of carrier (USPS or FedEx) and speed. We get in touch with you as your job is completing to provide a cost and options for shipping.
Will you ship internationally?
Our International Shipping Policy
Yes, we do ship work outside of the US and you should be aware of the following:
– All prices on our website, estimates and invoices are in US dollars.
– We are required to complete a customs declaration with the sales price of the item(s) purchased.
– Our available shipping methods are FedEx and USPS.
– Studio On Fire can not legally declare your order as a gift.
– Other international charges are not included. International customers must pay applicable sales tax, duties and customs charges. Customs policies will vary from country to country; please contact your local customs office for further details. Duties, taxes and/or customs fees will be an additional amount collected upon delivery of your order. We are unable to provide you with the exact amount of the charges and cannot predict what they may be. Your order includes ONLY the shipping carrier costs. When customs clearance processing is required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates. By completing your order you agree to pay all applicable fees. If you refuse or return your order no international shipping charges or fees paid to local government will be refunded.
Can I get some samples?
Yes, we do provide samples. If you need samples for inspiration, you can purchase a sample packet of work printed in our studio for $25 ($35 international) Specify either business cards or invitation work. Contact us here to request samples. Please provide your UPS number if you require expedited samples.
Once we have completed an estimate, free samples are sent on request that help to illustrate the specifications of your upcoming job.